This recipe is simple and really can be made with almost any veggie. It’s great for a busy weeknight meal as it takes under 30 minutes to prepare. You can do the chopping while you are cooking or if you are really in a hurry you can chop them ahead of time. The chopping is the most time consuming part of this recipe.
This meal could also easily be converted into a freezer meal by prepping it all ahead of time and putting all the ingredients chopped into a ziploc. Store in the freezer until you are ready to eat and cook everything together at once until is done and veggies are tender. Your veggies won’t taste as fresh and crisp but if you are in a hurry its a great thing to keep on hand just in case. It may save you on a night you’d otherwise be tempted to eat out.
3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
500 g (1 lb) stir fry beef/thinly cut beef strips
1 purple onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 head of cabbage, sliced
1 head of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1 red pepper, sliced
1 1/2 cups mangtout/snow peas
3 tablespoons soy sauce/coconut aminos*
*Salt to taste (if using coconut aminos)
- Brown the meat in large frying pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon oil. When almost cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions to meat juices and add the rest of the sesame oil. Cook over medium heat until onions begin to get soft, usually about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant. Begin adding the vegetables one at a time in order letting each cook for a few minutes before adding the next.
- Add the soy sauce or coconut aminos and cook until the vegetables are the desired texture. Salt if necessary (only if using the coconut aminos).
- Serve over rice, quinoa or rice noodles.
Sign up for my newsletter here to get more simple, delicious and healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox every other week along with the best healthy tips for losing weight, increasing energy, nourishing your body and building sustainable healthy habits for you and your family! You will also be the first to hear about the launch of my upcoming individual and group coaching sessions and get first dibs on the discounted beta groups that I run.
If you have any questions or want to work with me, check out my individual and family health coaching page